Celestron’s award-winning Nature DX binocular gets a major upgrade with the addition of ED objective lenses. Nature DX ED’s optical performance rivals that of more expensive binoculars, at a price to fit your budget.
This versatile, all-around binocular is a great choice for the trail, the stadium, the arena, or just about anywhere you want a close-up view of the action without sacrificing brightness or detail. It’s an especially great companion for nature observation and bird watching, with ED glass that helps you spot the subtlest field markings and a close focus of just 6.5 feet.
ED Objective Lenses
Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass virtually eliminates chromatic aberration, also known as color fringing, a visual defect common in binoculars. Nature DX ED delivers razor-sharp images, even at the edges of the field of view. ED glass is also known for producing images with outstanding, true-to-life color.
Not all ED glass is created equal. Celestron’s high-quality ED glass delivers visibly brighter, sharper images compared to non-ED binoculars. The difference is especially apparent in low light conditions, such as at dawn or dusk.
Coatings and Prisms
Nature DX ED features fully multi-coated optics. A binocular can be considered “fully multi-coated” when all air-to-glass surfaces are coated with multiple layers of anti-reflectivity coatings so that the maximum amount of light passes through the glass to the eye.
The prisms inside Nature DX ED are made of high-quality BaK-4 glass with phase coatings applied so that more light is reflected off their internal faces and passes through to the eye.
Taken together, the fully multi-coated lenses and BaK-4 prisms maximize light transmission for the remarkably bright, highly detailed images. The ED objective lenses further enhance these features, especially in low light conditions.
A durable rubber armored, polycarbonate housing protects your Nature DX ED binoculars from damage without weighing you down. Viewing through Nature DX ED is comfortable for both eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers, thanks to the durable twist-up eyecups. Twist through multiple clicks stops to find the position that works best for you. What’s more, the binocular is fully waterproof and filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal fogging of lenses. Nature DX ED can stand up to even the toughest outdoor conditions.
Perfect for a Variety of Uses
The Nature DX ED 10x42mm model offers 10x magnification, perfect for up-close views of distant subjects. Despite its higher magnification, Nature DX ED 10x42 maintains a close focus of just 6.5 feet, making it great for viewing birds, butterflies, plants, and more.
Ways to Observe
Carry your Nature ED on the comfortable included strap. It’s also tripod-adaptable, so you can mount it on any standard photographic tripod for extended viewing or digiscoping (photography through the eyepiece). The tripod adapter is sold separately. The binocular also includes a protective padded nylon case for storage and transport.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) objective lenses provide high resolution, high contrast images that are virtually free of optical defects like chromatic aberration (color fringing)
- Fully multi-coated optics deliver maximum light transmission through the optical path
- Phase coated BaK-4 prisms produce vivid, true-to-life colors
- Eyeglass friendly - generous eye relief and sturdy, twist-up eyecups with multiple stops
- 6.5' close focus
- Tripod adaptable
- Designed with the outdoor enthusiast in mind, waterproof and fully rubber armored
- Phase coated BaK-4 prisms for increased contrast and resolution
- Fully multi-coated optics provide brighter images by increasing light transmission through the entire optical path
- Close focus of 6.5 feet for viewing nearby subjects
- Sturdy, twist-up eyecups with multiple stops. Eyeglass friendly with 17.5 mm of eye relief.
|Close Focus||6.5 ft.|
|FOV at 1,000 yd.||309 ft.|
|Eye Relief||14.3 mm|
|Exit Pupil||4.1 mm|
- Objective lens caps
- Neck strap
- Harness strap
- Carrying case
- Lens cloth
- Instruction manual